Information about Optima
Optima is a federation owned by the municipalities of Jakobstad, Pedersöre, Larsmo, Nykarleby, Kronoby, Vörå and Kokkola. The federation arranges, through its education provider Optima, vocational education and training for young people and adults, answers for special-needs vocational education in the entire Swedish-speaking Finland, and offers various types of services for trade and industry.
We operate mainly in the Jakobstad region but because of special-needs vocational education and training we figure in all the Swedish-speaking regions in Finland. Our addresses are:
• Trädgårdsgatan 30, Jakobstad (earlier: Yrkesskolan Optima and Vuxeninstitutet Optima – Aikuisopisto Optima)
• Paul Hallvars gata 1, Jakobstad (earlier: Handelsinstitutet Optima – Kauppaopisto Optima)
• Lannäslund 1, Jakobstad (earlier: Lannäslundskolan Optima)
• Hagagränd 3, Terjärv, Kronoby (earlier: Hantverksskolan Optima)
• Åminnevägen 2A, Nykarleby (earlier: Yrkesträningsskolan Optima). The other locations for special-needs education and training are in Jakobstad, Kronoby, Pargas, Vaasa, Korsnäs, Raseborg, Helsinki and Porvoo.
The language of instruction is Swedish in most programmes but two vocational upper secondary programmes at Paul Hallvarsgatan and some parts of vocational adult education and training as well as services for trade and industry are in Finnish. We also lease out premises and provide restaurant and catering services. Of course, these activities operate in Finnish and Swedish.
Optima has approx. 3,000 students, whereof 1,200 in the programmes for young people. At present, we have approx. 300 employees.
Optima federation’s contact information:
Tel. +358 6 7855 222
Fax +358 6 7855 299
The federation’s leading positions are held by:
Rabbe Ede, director
Tel. +358 6 7855230
Mobile +358 44 7215 230
Tiina Sjölund, administrative manager
Tel. +358 6 7855 232
Mobile +358 44 7215 232